Online grocery shopping took-off when Covid hit. It went from $2B / month in 2019 to $9B / month in 2021. People went online to shop for groceries, because they had to. Fast forward to 2022, and shopping for groceries online has changed dramatically, both in sales volume and in the much-expanded set of choices shoppers now have, both to buy and to fulfill their grocery needs. Join us as we examine how online grocery shopping is changing, the challenges and opportunities that are emerging, and how to rethink your strategies for growth in this fast-changing environment.
- Why is delivery to home in such rapid decline?
- The online grocery shopping “trust gap” that’s shifting behaviors.
- The growth of “online only” retailers in some areas (Kroger!).
- Can under-an-hour delivery services thrive, or even survive?
- Are “pick-up only” retailers here to stay?
- What, really, is the true cost of buying groceries online?
- Who’s got the best BOPIS experience today? Shoppers tell us.
- And more!
Come feeling challenged and leave feeling invigorated about what's possible.